COVID-19 Resources for Business
Mid-Columbia Economic Development District is collecting information from a variety of resources on their Economic Resiliency and COVID-19 Resources pages. Additional resources are listed on our Business Impact and Recovery page.
For additional information on response more broadley in Wasco County, please visit this page.
About the EDC
Formed in 1987, the Wasco County Economic Development Commission has been coming together with partners to support economic development and growth since its inception. Today the Economic Development Commission acts as the economic development arm of Wasco County, with a focus on job creation and increasing capacity throughout the County. The EDC:
- Collaborates with, and provides technical assistance to, local entities to accomplish projects focused on the above outcomes and to bring further investment into Wasco County.
- Provides leadership on countywide economic development efforts identified by both the Economic Development Commission and the Board of County Commissioners.
- Keeps the Board of County Commissioners apprised of economic development activity, opportunities, and needs throughout the County.
The EDC currently has two seats it is seeking appointments for.
- Position 1 is focused on representing Northern Wasco County with a focus on representing the Mosier area for a partial term ending December 31, 2021.
- Position 3 is focused on representing South Wasco County and the Maupin area for a full term running through December 31, 2024.
The EDC is a group of 11 County Commission appointed representatives of economic interests and geographic areas from around Wasco County. Currently, the following individuals sit on the EDC:
Position 1 - Vacant (Northern)
Position 2 - Tonya Brumley (Central)
Position 3 - Vacant (Southern)
Position 4 - Mike Courtney (Port of The Dalles)
Position 5 -Rich Mays (City of The Dalles)
Position 6 - Lisa Farquharson (Chambers of Commerce)
Position 7 - Bob Krein (At-Large, Dryland Ag/Cattle focus)
Position 8 - Megan Thompson, Chair (At-Large, Fruitgrowers focus)
Position 9 - Fritz Ellett (At-Large)
Position 10 - Nan Wimmers, Vice Chair (At-Large)
Position 11 - Justin Brock (At-Large, Utilities focus)