Wasco County Economic Assets
Wasco County is a prime location for your business. Discover the unparalleled quality of life offered by the mild climate, recreational opportunities, and small-town living all within 80 miles of the Portland metropolitan area. Wasco County is home to:
- Affordable industrial and commercial land
- Easy access to Interstate 84 and the Portland metropolitan area
- Rail and barge transportation networks
- Established economic development and entrepreneurial networks
- Financing incentives that promote job creation and retention
- Trained workforce and an excellent community college
- A well-distributed communications network
- Reliable energy providers and renewable power options
- Strong business industry clusters in high tech, wine, and renewable energy.
- Recreational opportunities in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, Deschutes River, an Mount Hood National Forest.
There are many websites with current data about Wasco County and its communities including The Dalles, Antelope, Dufur, Maupin, Mosier and Shaniko. Visit them below to learn more:
- The U.S. Census Bureau provides QuickFacts about people, businesses and the geography for either Wasco County or the City of The Dalles. You can look up a variety of geographies using the search section.
- Oregon Prospector is home to a wide variety of demographic and economic data about the County as well.
- View 2021 Wasco County Largest Employers data here.
- The Oregon Department of Education provides “report cards” for schools and districts, including for the three primary school districts serving Wasco County, on their website here.