What are "Community Enhancement Projects"?
Each year the Wasco County EDC gathers information about key community economic development projects and activities from throughout Wasco County and recommends a prioritization ranking to the Board of County Commissioners. EDC staff work with each project proponent to gather important information about project stage, investment, and need as well as ensure project deals are posted on the Agora Investment Platform (for more information, see below).
This process provides an opportunity for a formal dialogue with communities and organizations, as well as a platform to highlight key priorities. This process also allows the EDC to leverage its capacity and mandate for provision of technical assistance to identify and support projects that enhance the economic competitiveness of Wasco County and its communities.
Prioritization is then incorporated into the Strategic Action Plan for the EDC and included in the Mid-Columbia's regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) which further highlights projects with regional significance. These documents, along with the Agora Investment Platform, can also be used by project proponents to show local support when seeking funding sources.
2018 Community Enhancement Project Priority List
Wasco County EDC prioritized the 31 new or ongoing projects submitted by 14 entities in 2018 into the list below. The EDC ranks the top 10 projects and includes the others in the list un-ranked. This list was acknowledged by the Wasco County Board of Commissioners at their March 7, 2018 meeting.
1. Deschutes Rim Clinic Foundation- Clinic Expansion
2. Wasco County Soil and Water Conservation District- Mosier Well Repair
3. City of Mosier and Mosier Fire District - Joint Fire Hall/City Hall Development
4. City of Maupin/Q-Life Network - Maupin Fiber Network
5. City of The Dalles- Dog River Pipeline
6. Columbia Gorge Community College - Campus Housing and Workforce Training Skill Center
7. City of Maupin/South Wasco County Library -South Wasco County Library and Civic Center
8. Port of The Dalles- Gorge Works Regional Internship Program
9. City of Mosier - Water System Projects: Well # 5 Development and Eastside System Upgrades
10. Dufur School District- Solar4Schools Project
For a full list of submitted project from 2018, please click here.
2017 Strategic Action Plan
Click here to view the final 2017 Strategic Action Plan
Agora Investment Platform and Project Info
Each of the projects submitted to the Community Enhancement Projects process each year with Wasco County are listed on the Agora Investment Platform. Why are projects on Agora?
Agora is designed to match projects with potential funding sources
Project submission increases visibility of community priorities to:
Foundations, private, local, state and federal funding sources
Wasco County Board of Commissioners
Regional Economic Development entities
Projects are prioritized by the EDC on Agora and can also be used by project proponents to show local support when seeking funding
For assistance with the Agora Platform, please contact Carrie Pipinich, Mid-Columbia Economic Development District, 541.296.2266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.