What are "Community Enhancement Projects"?
Each year the Wasco County EDC gathers information about key community economic development projects and activities from throughout Wasco County and recommends a prioritization ranking to the Board of County Commissioners. EDC staff work with each project proponent to gather important information about project stage, investment, and need as well as ensure project deals are posted on the Agora Investment Platform (for more information, see below).
This process provides an opportunity for a formal dialogue with communities and organizations, as well as a platform to highlight key priorities. This process also allows the EDC to leverage its capacity and mandate for provision of technical assistance to identify and support projects that enhance the economic competitiveness of Wasco County and its communities.
Prioritization is then incorporated into the Strategic Action Plan for the EDC and included in the Mid-Columbia's regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) which further highlights projects with regional significance. These documents, along with the Agora Investment Platform, can also be used by project proponents to show local support when seeking funding sources.
2023 Community Enhancement Project Priority List
Wasco County EDC prioritized the 55 new or ongoing projects submitted by 26 entities into the list below. The EDC ranks the top 10 projects and includes the others in the list un-ranked. This list was acknowledged by the Wasco County Board of Commissioners at their January 18, 2023 meeting.
1. Columbia Gorge Community College-Columbia Gorge Childcare Center
2. Q-Life Intergovernmental Agency- Cascades East Interconnection Colocation Facility + Fiber Expansion
3. City of Mosier and Mosier Fire District - Joint Use Facility (Fire Hall/City Hall)
4. City of Maupin-Drinking Water System Improvements
5. City of Dufur-Drinking Water System Improvements
6. City of The Dalles, Klickitat County, CGCC-Aviation Maintenance Training Hangar and Industrial Land Improvements
7. WyEast Resource Conservation and Development-Dufur Rural Innovation Hub
8. Wasco County Soil and Water Conservation District-Fifteenmile Managed Underground Water Storage
9. North Wasco Park and Recreation District - Sorosis Park Redevelopment Phase 2
10. Pine Grove Water District-Pine Grove Water Source Improvements
Priority Issues: Developable land, Columbia Gorge Childcare, Housing, Broadband
For a full list of submitted project for 2023, please click here.
2022-2027 Strategic Action Plan
Click here to view the final 2022-2027 Strategic Action Plan
Please contact Carrie Pipinich, Mid-Columbia Economic Development District, 541.296.2266 or email@example.com.