The Wasco County Surveyor's Office provides the following mandated services:
- Protecting the public by reviewing surveys filed by land surveyors, then filing and indexing them into the public survey records;
- Maintaining those public survey records;
- Protecting the public by reviewing all land divisions (property line adjustment, partition, subdivision, and condominium plats);
- Restoring lost and obliterated Public Land Survey Systems corners, and maintaining the records of restored corners;
- Providing research, in-house and on-line, of survey records;
- Providing survey support to county departments and local governments as requested;
- Providing survey expertise to the citizens of Wasco County who may have survey-related problems and questions.