A list of tools and resources to support the Oregon and Washington business community is available on the MCEDD Economic Resiliency page.
COVID-19 Resources from the Small Business Administration (SBA)
The SBA is offering disaster assistance to small businesses in Washington and Oregon. Read more in the News Release from the Disaster Field Operations Center West.
Information provided by East Cascade Works to assist businesses and employees impacted by COVID-19
We are committed to supporting impacted employees and businesses to the greatest extent possible. To this end we have summarized the current guidance on how both workers and employers can access support in Oregon. As you are aware, the situation is evolving fairly quickly and therefore we included links to pertinent information to ensure you have the latest information.
- Individuals who cannot work may apply for unemployment insurance. Please encourage them to complete the online application as the phone lines are swamped with calls. Further, individuals who apply for unemployment DO NOT need to come into a WorkSource Center to complete their application. More information on how to apply can be found at:
- If your business is experiencing impacts from COVID-19 and needs assistance, please contact the following resources:
- WorkShare – a program that helps businesses avoid layoffs by leveraging unemployment insurance (UI) to subsidize a portion of lost wages…see link below for more information. https://www.oregon.gov/employ/Businesses/WorkShare/Pages/Work%20Share%20Home%20Page.aspx
- Rapid Response – is a task force specifically designed to promote economic recovery and vitality by planning with businesses to avert or respond to layoffs and dislocations to prevent or minimize the impact on workers, businesses and communities. Our team will work directly with businesses and their employees to assist in layoff aversion strategies, help affected worker apply for unemployment benefits, find access to health care resources and training so they can get back to work rapidly. https://www.oregon.gov/highered/institutions-programs/workforce/Pages/workforce-employers-layoffs.aspx
- Business Oregon resources - http://www.oregon4biz.com/Coronavirus-Information/COVID19-Resources.php
- Small Business Administration Resources – https://bizcenter.org/
- Helpful link for workers and employers on COVID-19: https://www.oregon.gov/employ/Pages/COVID-19.aspx
Our WorkSource Centers in The Dalles, Redmond, Bend and Klamath Falls are open and services are available. We encourage job seekers to call their local center or connect online if at all possible.
- WorkSource Bend
1645 NE Forbes Road, Suite 101
Bend, OR 97701
- WorkSource Redmond
2158 SE College Loop, Suite B
Redmond, OR 97756
- WorkSource Klamath Falls
801 Oak Avenue
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
- WorkSource The Dalles
700 Union Street, Suite 105
The Dalles, OR 97058