The Victims’ Assistance Program (VAP) is a unit in the District Attorney's Office that specializes in helping crime victims in Wasco County. The primary function of this program is to help crime victims navigate the criminal justice system process and provide assistance that promotes establishing victim stabilization after the crime.
The District Attorney’s Office and the Victims’ Assistance Program work to ensure that victims are treated with dignity, respect and compassion.
Our mission is to involve crime victims and the community in a restorative process that diminishes the devastating impact of crime.
Core services provided:
- Support and information to help victims navigate the criminal justice process
- Crisis intervention counseling
- Advocating for, and informing victims of their rights
- On-going hearing and case status notification upon request
- Attend court hearings with victim(s) if requested
- Referrals to community resources
- Restitution information collection
- Assistance with crime victims compensation
- Coordinate and collaborate with Deputy District Attorney’s, law enforcement and community services