Voter Registration and Absentee Ballots

Voter Registration 
If you have an Oregon Driver's License, Permit or I.D. number issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles, you can register online at the link below.

Online Voter Registration

If you do not have a DMV number or are changing your name, please use the following link to the printable voter registration form. You will need to fill out, print and deliver the printed form to our office so that we can record your signature.

Print Voter Registration

Anyone who is a resident of Oregon, a United States citizen and at least 16 years of age may register to vote (if you are under 18 years of age, you may register to vote at 16 but will not be able to vote until you turn 18 years of age).

You may register at any time; however, your voter registration card must be postmarked by the 21st day before the election at which you intend to vote.

You must update your registration when your residence or mailing address changes; your name or signature changes; or you wish to change your party affiliation (party affiliations cannot be designated or changed after the 21st day before a primary election).

The federal "Help America Vote Act 2002" requires individuals registering to vote in federal elections to provide identifying information with their voter registration card:

  • If you have a current, valid Oregon DMV Driver's License/ID, that number must be provided on the voter registration card.
  • If you do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV Driver's License/ID, you must check the appropriate box on the registration card and provide the last four digits of your Social Security number.
  • If you do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV Driver's License/ID, or Social Security number, you must check the appropriate boxes on the registration card and provide one of the following:
    • A current and valid photo identification that shows your name.
    • A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address. The address must match the residence or mailing address on your voter registration card.

Absentee Ballots
If you will be absent from Wasco County when ballots are mailed, you may apply for an absentee ballot. Typical reasons include those on military duty, students at college, or "snowbirds" -- anyone who is temporarily away from the County.

Regular ballots will be mailed any time between the 14th and the 18th day before an election. Out of state absentee ballots will be mailed 30 days before the election. Military and long term absentee ballots will be mailed 45 days before the election.

To apply for an absentee ballot, print the Absentee Ballot Request Form (primarily for students, "snowbirds" or those temporarily away from the County), or the Military/Long Term Absentee Application Form (used for all military personnel, dependents or citizens currently outside the U.S.), and return it to the Wasco County Elections Office.