How to record documents despite COVID-19 restrictions
In an effort to prevent, slow, and stop the spread of COVID-19 to our citizens, the Clerk's Office will be limiting admittance to our lobby during public hours to 1 person/group at a time. Please knock on the door so we may assist you. Document that need to be recorded can also be mailed to our office for processing. We appreciate your assistance with limiting in-person services to maintain social distancing standards.


What is Recording?
Recording is the act of putting a document into the official public records of a County.  Usually, the types of documents that are recorded are ones that affect title to real property such as Deeds, Mortgages and Easements. They should be recorded with the County Clerk’s office in the County where the real estate is located. Other related documents that Wasco County records are Subdivision and Plat maps, Satisfaction of Mortgage documents (Reconveyances), Judgments, Liens, Veteran’s DD-214 discharge papers, Requests for Notice of Default, Foreclosures and Death Certificates. Our office also records marriage licenses once the marriage ceremony has been completed.

The Clerk's Office is the "librarian" of Wasco County land and marriage records. When a document is received for recording, it is checked for compliance with Oregon statutes. When a document is accepted for recording, an index is created and the image is scanned for document retrieval. Ensuring that documents are legible for future generations is an important component of recording requirements. If a document cannot be recorded, it is returned to the sender with an explanation of what is wrong.