Primary Election, May 19, 2020
The next currently scheduled election in Wasco County will be the Primary Election. The main purpose of a Primary election is to vote on partisan candidates who will then advance to the General Election in November 2020. In addition to Federal and State partisan offices, the non-partisan County offices listed below will be up for nomination and/or election. Precinct committeepersons are also elected during the May Primary. See the Precinct Committeeperson Filing section for more details.
April 4th - Military and Overseas Ballots are mailed
April 20th - Out of State Ballots are mailed
April 28th - Last day to register to vote or update your political party
April 29th - Main ballot mailing
May 12th - Recommended last day to return ballots by mail. Public test of the ballot tabulation system.
May 19th - Election Day. Ballots are due by 8 pm. Postmarks do not count
City of The Dalles Measure 33-101:
Measure adopting revised Charter of the City of The Dalles
County Office Filing
The following people have filed for office in Wasco County:
Precinct Committeeperson (PCP) Filing
Recent legislation has brought changes to the Precinct Committeeperson filing process - please read the information below.
- Filing is no longer based on gender
- Each Precinct is allowed one PCP per 250 voters, with a minimum of two PCPs per precinct. See the table below to see how many positions are open for each precinct.
- A person may file (or be nominated) in their resident precinct, an adjacent precinct, or any precinct that shares the same State Representative District within the same county.
- If you would like to nominate someone for a PCP position, use form SEL 105N. The nominated candidate must be a member of the stated political party by November 21, 2019 to be eligible, and both the nominator and candidate must be a member of the same party and within the same State Representative district (see table below). The last day to file using this form is 8 pm on election day, May 19, 2020.
- If you decide to file by write-in, you must submit form SEL 105D. You must be a member of the stated political party by November 21, 2019. The last day to file using this form is 8 pm on election day, May 19, 2020.
Precinct / State Rep District table:
|Precinct||Name||# of PCP||Adjacent Precinct||State Rep District|
|1||West The Dalles||11||1, 2, 5, 6||59|
|2||Colonel Wright||11||1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 11||59|
|3||Mid The Dalles||10||2, 3, 4, 11||59|
|4||East The Dalles||8||2, 4, 11, 12||59|
|5||Rowena-Mosier||8||1, 5, 6, 7||59|
|6||Chenowith Area||2||1, 2, 5, 6, 7||59|
|7||Cherry Hts, Mill Creek, Dry Hollow||5||2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11||59|
|8||Petersburg-Dufur||2||7, 8, 9, 12||59|
|9||Tygh Valley-Wamic||3||8, 9, 10, 12, 13||59|
|10||Maupin City, W Maupin, Warm Springs||4||9, 10, 13, 14||59|
|11||Rural TD; House #57, Senate #29||2||2, 3, 4, 7, 11, 12||57|
|12||Dufur & Petersburg House #57, Senate #29||3||4, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14||57|
|13||Tygh Valley House #57, Senate #29||2||9, 10, 12, 13, 14||57|
|14||Antelope, Shaniko, E Maupin Sen #29, House #57||2||10, 12, 13, 14||57|