Steve is a fourth generation Wasco County resident. He owned and operated Kramer’s Market in Dufur for 20 years before moving on to work for and eventually manage Mel’s Sanitary Service in Tygh Valley.
Steve was born in LaGrande, Oregon and graduated from Ontario High School. He attended Chemeketa Community College studying forestry until taking over the family business in 1980.
Steve has been married to his wife Mary for over 30 years and they continue to reside in Dufur. They have two children, Grayson and Shelby. In his free time, Steve enjoys hunting, gardening, and riding his motorcycle.
Port of The Dalles Budget Committee, Dufur Recreation Board, Port of The Dalles Commissioner, Dufur City Council
Past and Present Community Service:
Dufur Lion’s Club, Dufur Fire and Ambulance, Dufur Little League coach, Dufur Grade School Basketball coach, Community Manager for two Cycle Oregon visits to Dufur
Wasco County Commissioner Boards/Committees
- AOC Energy, Environment & Land Use Committee
- AOC Legislative Committee
- AOC Public Lands/Forest Management Sub-Committee
- AOC Solid Waste Sub Committee - Co-chair
- Central Oregon Workforce Consortium
- East Central Workforce Investment Board
- 4-H & Extension Service District Budget Committee
- Library Service District Budget Committee
- Mt. Hood Economic Alliance Board
- Solid Waste Advisory Committee
- Tri-County Household Hazardous Waste Steering Committee - Chair
- Student Success Team
- Urban Renewal
- Wasco County Budget Committee
- Wolf Depredation Compensation Committee
- WyEast Resource Conservation and Development Council