Kathy has lived and worked in Wasco County for over 30 years. She was born and raised in Toledo, Ohio but a sense of wanderlust found her living and working in Portland, Oregon. There she met her husband, John, 38 years ago. They moved to The Dalles where John joined an orthopedic practice and Kathy continued her nursing career at Mid Columbia Medical Center and later as a Public Health Nurse working for Wasco County. Wanderlust took hold again as she and John moved to Alaska for a brief 4 years but returned “home” in 2011. Her work, travels and hobbies have given her an appreciation for the diversity and beauty that exists throughout Wasco County.
Kathy and John live in rural Wasco County where they raised two hill-climbing, cave exploring children, David and Brittan. Kathy enjoys playing acoustic guitar and singing country, folk and honkytonk to anyone who will listen. She also enjoys cycling, duck hunting, yoga, pickle ball and gardening.
- Masters of Public Health Administration, Portland State University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Portland
- Associate Degree in Nursing, Owens Technical College, Toledo, Ohio
- Central Catholic High School, Toledo, Ohio
- Mid Columbia Medical Center: Emergency Department Nurse; Director Clinic Nursing Operations
- Peace Health Medical Group: System Medical Home Program Manager
- Wasco County: Public Health Nurse; Public Health Director
- Eastmoreland General Hospital: Emergency Department Nurse
- Emanuel Hospital: Emergency Department Nurse